Wednesday 10 September 2014

The introductions – her experience

“Yes, I’m sorry, it just that you were not here and..” I started saying with an embarrassing look. “Please don’t apologise, it was the right thing to do! Shall we find somewhere nice to sit and enjoy our drinks? By the way, we haven’t formally introduced ourselves, I am Kevin! Nice to meet you…”
“Annie! My name is Annie!”
“Hi Annie! We are already finishing each other sentences!” he laughed again.
“God, you have a great laugh!” For a second there, I hadn’t realised that I told that out loud. It was only after seeing him laughing even more that I realised that it actually came out from my mouth! I couldn’t believe that I said that. What would have happened if he got scared and thought I was weird and desperate (which none of these were true, well ok maybe only the first part but only the “good” weird!)? Any sign of happiness must have disappeared from my face and replaced by hopelessness. I couldn’t even look him in the eyes anymore.
“Hahaha, and you have such an adorable look on your face when you realise that you said something that you shouldn’t have”.
---So he also thinks that it was too much to say.. I ruined everything—
“And now you are feeling awkward and uncomfortable so in order to make you feel better I will say something that I am not supposed to.” I look up to his eyes again, not sure what I was expecting from him to say and then he said it “I could love that look”.
And that was the first time that he put a smile back on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment