Friday 26 September 2014

The first toast - her experience

“Let’s sit over there, near the window. Those red armchairs are really comfy.” I pointed out to him. These were my favourite seats because they are close to the window and I loved watching the people, all sorts of people, walking by. Most of the time, I was coming to Starbucks alone, just to have a hot drink and a read. This was my way of relaxing.
“Indeed, they are comfortable”, he told me as soon as we were seated. “Beautiful day today isn’t it?” he continued.
I tried to understand from his expression whether he was kidding or not since it was raining the whole day. Actually, it was raining the whole week. And it was cold. Not many people find this kind of days beautiful. So I needed to take a second or two before replying. It was really difficult for me to understand when he was serious or not, still is! Again, he must have understood my confusion and elaborated on his previous statement.
“I used to be a summer person but lately I find myself enjoying the rain and winter more than ever”.  So he wasn’t being sarcastic! He was actually enjoying winter!
“I always was a winter person!” I replied at once. “There is something about the cold and the rain. The cold makes our hearts warmer. And the rain makes everything clearer”.
“That sounded very poetic” he smiled. “I never thought at it like that but I guess there is some true to it. Cheers to the winter!” he raised his mug cheerfully.
“Cheers!” I raised mine and we clinked our mugs together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment